Why is my game crashing after launch? (Game loads black screen and crashes or Never Alone.exe has stopped responding)
For some users uninstalling and reinstalling the game has solved this issue. Most of the time it is related to outdated graphics cards. You run a DirectX Diagnostic and can identify the graphics card type and driver date by following the instructions at the link below:
- Run Direct X Diagnostic Tool
- Click the [Display] tab (in some instances, there will be more than one Display tab; both are important)
- Observe the name of the Device and Date of the drivers.
Intel HD Family Graphics
There are known stability issues when running on a machine with an Intel HD integrated graphics chipsets.Updating the drivers for the Intel HD graphics cards has helped some users launch the game without issue.
You can find those drivers at the following link:
NVIDIA GeForce Graphics
Some machines (specifically laptops) run an integrated NVIDIA GeForce graphics card with the Intel HD driver. To get the latest driver from NVIDIA, try this link:
Most of the time, your laptop will run off the Intel for mundane processes to conserve energy. You will definitely want to run Never Alone from your NVIDIA card (and make sure your laptop is plugged in). Here is a link on how to manage 3D settings:
AMD Radeon Graphics
Some machines will run an integrated AMD Radeon graphics card with the Intel HD driver. To get the latest driver from AMD, try this link:
Please ensure that you have the most up-to-date Steam version for Mac.
Verify integrity of game cache
- Load Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
Apple handles all system and driver updates for your system. To check if any updates are available please do the following:
- Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of the screen
- Select "Software Update..."
- Any updates available will be listed and able to be downloaded or you will be told your software is up to date
NOTE: It is recommended that you always keep your system up to date
Still need help?
If that still does not solve the issue for you, providing your DirectX Diagnostic report can help us identify the source of the problem. Please save the text file and send it along with your email to email@example.com by following the instructions at the link below: